- Each of Goldsboro’s two WalMarts have donated a $1,000 Local Giving Grant to CIS Wayne. Thank You!
- The Exchange Club of Goldsboro has donated $500 to CIS of Wayne. Thank you for your support!
- Soccer + Golf = FOOTGOLF: Saturday, Nov. 1 at Goldsboro Golf Course. $10 player. Public welcome. Player Registration: 2pm.
- 66% of kids experience academic difficulties.
- 1 in 3 kids experience bullying.
- 61,423 kids are currently incarcerated.
- 75% of prisoners are high school dropouts.
- REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE: AT&T-North Carolina has donated $5,000 to CIS Wayne.
- The Southern Bank Foundation donated $1,000 to CIS of Wayne County. Thank you!
- Click the Subscribe tab to get our free e-Newsletter!
Beak Week Celebrates the Poultry Industry in Downtown Goldsboro
Communities in Schools of Wayne County joined the celebration of our poultry industry at the 2014 “Beak Week” festival in downtown Goldsboro. Communities in Schools of Wayne County operated an assortment of huge inflatables that were the focus and delight of children. Volunteers from Eastern Wayne High’s art department staffed the face painting booth while the school’s Key Club membership staffed the inflatables!
- Learn How CIS is making a difference: Watch the 5 minute video.
- For Release: 99.4% of Local CIS Students Promoted
About Communities In Schools
CIS is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization. Our mission is to surround students with a community of support,empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child needs and deserves these “Five Basics”:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community